ZUMA sites don't just have good content - they have great content optimised for SEO, and written for the web. Relevancy is the path to great communication online and by working alongside you and your business, we make sure you are delivering the right message in the right way online.
Your website visitors read differently to how they read offline (hardcopy, books, newspapers, magazines), so you need to make sure you use a different style of writing.
First a foremost we need to understand your readers and the true purpose of your site. Are you selling something and are your users buying? Or are you providing information that your users are searching for? And how do we incorporate SEO into all of this?
Understanding Your Users
The average attention span of an online user keeps shortening year on year, so to keep your users engaged we mix up the content types used, including video, audio, links, images, infographics etc.
Online users scan. They want the details but they don't want to spend too much time searching for them. Creating page content that grabs users' attention and allows them to scan the page and move from one page to another easily improves time spent on your site and keeps your readers interested.
Top online copywriting tips from ZUMA:
- Keep your site up-to-date – give your readers a reason to return.
- Tell stories, use testimonials, and create the feel of a personal conversation.
- Make it easy for users to scan your content and get to the point.
- Use consistent layouts and look and feel.
- Don't be afraid to tell your readers what you want them to do next.
- Give readers the feeling they already know you and your business, even if they aren't active customers yet.
If you need help writing great copy, we can help with that. We incorperate it into our Website Design and Development process to make sure it's considered at the right time and not an afterthought.
It's still true: Content is King.